- 7 years’ experience working as a Petrographer, specialising in engineering and construction applications with an emphasis on concrete materials, through thin section evaluation using a polarized microscope and national/international standards
- 2 years’ research in to petrogenisis of Archean greenstone belts in the Pilbara WA, based on geochemical (XRF, Microprobe, ICPMS) and petrographic analysis.
- Extensive field experience in a range of geological environments, including Pilbara W.A, Flinders Rangers S.A and Sydney Basin N.S.W.
Geological consultancy work includes:
Petrographic examination with vol% count of minerals of quarry products (igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks and sands) for various construction applications through thin section evaluation using a polarizing microscope in accordance with international/Australian standards. Includes comments on suitability for construction uses as well as free silica and asbestiform content.
Determination of secondary mineral content (or soft, weak minerals) by detailed counting under a petrological microscopic and visual counts of unsound fragments in an aggregate sample by Australian standards.
Petrographic description of exploration samples (includes a modal% count of minerals) with interpretation of petrogenesis and alteration history.
Analysis of frictional ignition potential of sediments in proposed underground coal mines using Ward’s classification. Involves petrographic identification and categorisation of minerals into grouping largely based on hardness of minerals plotted onto a ternary diagram.
Quarry assessments and registration, covering geological setting, product assessment, quality management and material systems and development and production.
- Bachelor of Applies Science with Distinction (Geology) QUT
- Master of Applied Science QUT
Thesis: Reconstruction of the physical volcanological processes and petriogenesis of the 3.5GA Warrawoona Group pillow basalt of the Warralong Greenstone Belt, Pilbara Craton WA – Submitted 2016